UPDATE: tweaked some rules to make things a bit more clear. They’re in Red.
I am giving away this still-new in box R-Gun Powered from Kotobukiya’s SRW OG line-up. I bought this kit many moons ago but after building the Alteisen Riese, I don’t want this kit nor did I ever planned on building it in the first place. Bought it impulsively because it was so cheap ^^;. So now I’m throwing it up for grabs to whoever wants it. Shipping is also on me, and it doesn’t matter if you’re across the globe. Sounds good?
However, I do have a catch. To give everyone a fair chance (instead of the first person to say “ME!”), I’m turning this into a contest. A photography contest. It’s very simple- take a photo of your favorite/best Gundam model in the best pose you can put it in. Best one wins (decided by all later in a poll). Now isn’t that appropriate for this blog? xD. Well, Here’s how it goes:
1. You can submit up to two photos (because I know it’s hard to choose sometimes…) only once. I choose the best of the two. I prefer two shots of the same Gundam/model/figure/whatever.
2. I look at the pose (stunning? striking? awesome?), backdrop (no need to be fancy… just not in front of a toilet or something), lighting and camera angle. sharpness is a plus.
3. You have until I released my MG Impulse review to submit photos (this means roughly a week plus some change). You will know this beforehand because I will be posting WISPs (Work in Slow Progress). In the event I take longer than usual on Impulse and no one submit anything for 3-4 days then I can cut things short.
4. I’ll pick the best three then everyone gets to vote on the winner; you can vote for yourself.
5. submit photos to zyuan3618 [at] hotmail [dot] com with an obvious title.
6. I want to see how well this works out and might consider giving away other models in the future.
8. No Gundams? Figures or other mechs work too.
9. To counter spam voting and promote fair play, I will also be voting. My vote will be equivalent to OVER 9000!!! votes.*
10. I’ll ask an outside forum to vote as well. I’ll make sure it’s “far away enough” where it won’t be affiliated with anyone in the otakusphere.
After all is said and done, I’ll email the winner where he/she wants the model to be shipped and that’s it! ^^
Hahaha… if anyone is wondering, I got this idea from Danny after his contests ^^;.
Looking forward to some of your entries. Have fun!
30 thoughts on “Model Giveaway”
joining in, Francis? ^^
im thinking about it. im not really good with taking photos. and im having a hard time picking out a suit, coz my initial reaction was a shot of multiple suits in battle. but since its one suit two poses/shots then im having a hard time. haha
sent! will there be a chance to see the other posted images?
Yea, I’ll post everyone else’s photos up afterwards
ok ive sent one too. hope you like it! XD
Got it man! That’s actually pretty awesome xD
I know you said you didn’t get time to reply to everyone, but I just wanted to make sure you got my X1 pics. If not, I can always resend.
I can’t wait to see what everyone sent in!
Yea, I got yours! ^^