My apology to the Malaysian readers here for not being able to drink the authentic stuff and have to resort to this instant stuff of the great drink, Teh Tarik ^^;. Hope it doesn’t sound as much of a blasphemy as it is an oxymoron; how do you have instant and “hand-pulled” tea?
Well, I did tried to pull it myself after mixing it but still couldn’t get any froth >_>
Been too lazy to cook so this is pretty much my breakfast and lunch. Now let’s have a little tea chat…
I am amazed at how the HG Sinanju practically looks like its MG counterpart for about half the price… I feel sorry for the poor souls who have to paint the gold trim on this.
While I didn’t see this coming so soon, I am not surprised at all since I have been expecting this to be released back before PG Red Frame was announced. With the release of this PG, you can now find the Strike Freedom in every form factor. Now here are my speculations (we all love speculations right?):
– It’ll cost just as much if not more than the 00 Raiser just because Bandai can. If The-O is ~$130 then this will obviously be above $200.
– Some special initial pre-order item. Be it a base or wing effect parts or both… something essential to make people pay the exorbitant price so that it feels “worth it”.
– While it is “designed” by Hajime Katoki, I don’t think it will carry a “Ver. Ka” label. Probably best if it doesn’t otherwise you might have to pay even more to cover his salary.
– While I don’t doubt it’ll definitely look great, I am expecting something half-assed about this kit, be it minor or severe… Just something that makes this kit not, well, Perfect. I’m not talking about loose joints or flaws yet (I’ll ignore that for now… but we all know it’ll be back-heavy). Its SD model has no real gimmicks (compared to SD Destiny), the HG 1/144 and 1/100 models are absolutely hideous in proportions (compared to just about every Gundam in the 1/100 line of its time), the MG skimps on the gold plated runners (or deal with crap-colored plastic). So yea, be it minor or severe, I expect something off-putting out of this kit. Since it is a popular Gundam, Bandai doesn’t need to spend extra effort since it will sell anyway.
– I’ll be looking forward to the day when random people will come to this particular post after this model’s release to tell me how utterly wrong I am on all my points and whatnot and ignoring the fact that this post is written way before the model’s release… just like the PG 00 Raiser binder post.
Anyway, moving on…
People actually like this d-bag of a character to merit a figure? Actually, I kinda do… and hate him at the same time ^^;. He’s a great example of how not all Kamen Riders are nice, selfless beings who live only to save the world… you can be a protagonist (“good guy/hero”) and be a complete jerk that no one likes as a person. Dude is from KR 555.
Wait wait… so it’s NOT a SH Figuarts of Ryuki?! But a FIGMA of Dragon Knight?! *mind explodes*
Wow, I didn’t expect this post to be so long. By the way, the banners are looking good! I think I’ve added everyone who submitted theirs so far. Keep ’em coming!
As always, images are courtesy of Ngee Khiong ^^