Time to talk about what’s been happening behind the Gunpla scene nowadays. First off- the MG 00 Raiser. Here we can see it in its raw OOB form. Either Bandai photoshopped the nubmarks out or it is very well hidden on this model because I don’t seem to spot any. However, I don’t know what’s more scary: the price tags of the average MG slowly, but surely, creeping up into the mid 5000-7000 yen range or people being able to justify the price. The MG 00 Raiser is roughly $80 before shipping… but no one pays MSRP for Gunpla anymore. Or at least I hope not.
– The LED for the head… I wonder if the sticker for the eyes will just be the black border around it or if it will be thinner to let the LED shine through. Leaving it plain like that looks kinda bad.
– Locking mechanism for the wing binders. Nice!
– The Raiser Sword effect parts is like exactly the same length as the beam effect for the GN Spatulas… that is so wrong >_>. Well, I supposed the model still has to be able to wield the sword. It just doesn’t have that “RAISER SWORRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDO!!” feel ^^;
– This is a great pose and a great shot. I can’t tell if this fully painted model apart from its PG counterpart.
– That waist bending… I have a feeling it’s going to be like that just standing there if the model is posed too much. Maybe there will be a “tab” on its back that holds its back straight like the MG Freedom?
Alright… so the Jegan ECOAS’s color is actually olive? Not chocolate?
– Everything and every part of the RG Strike looks fantastic (it looks more like a slight evolution from the PG design)… except the head, that seems to draw its inspiration from the MG (lame). The face is just not “smug” enough like the PG or Katoki designs.
– Notice the two-tone beam rifle. It was always just gray. That is nice.
– Out at the end of the month!
Sadly, the “new” MG Wing Ver. EW really is just a Ver. Ka without the cooler decals (shield and wing), base connectors, and an even more mundane RWB color scheme. All the other markings seem to be intact. Well, I did call it way before confirmation so I’m not surprised one bit. Few were apparently disappointed because they were their hopes up for updated hands…
– Why is it that the gray prototype always seem to look better than the color-molded version? This applied to the PG Strike Freeom, and the RD V2AB.
– At this angle and pose, I can totally feel and see the “Katoki” design element in it!
– Still no sign of its beam saber yet (!!!)
– The gray-scale prototype looks pretty good here too! Its own wings is used as back support?
– Biting feet… cute. Not.
– That waist transformation gimmick… I can only hope that the way it connects together for MS form is sturdy enough so it doesn’t become loose and separate. That would suck.
– So why does it look like ass in color? I’m gonna chalk this one up to being a “pre-production rough prototype”. *Points at the chest orb/search eye* I’m not too worried about its proportions at the moment… but that face…!
– Those wings are THICK. And judging from the color separation, it’s probably not light either. With 4-points of articulation in its shin, back-heaviness can be a problem!
– Well, at least the new shield design and heatrod looks hot.
– Yo Epyon! You ain’t fooling nobody with that transformation!That’s just some funky yoga position!
– I remember assembling the HG 1/100 Eypon over ten years ago… I hated assembling the heatrod.
– Where’s the sword?!
Well, that’s all I gotta comment about this time. Feel free to discuss.