September 29th cannot come soon enough! Wait… yes, it can. I still don’t have a PS3 yet! D’oh! >_<
It seems like it really is the end for SRW games on the PS2 now that we have a sequel game being released on a different console than the original ToT. SRWZ2 will be for the PSP instead on 4/14/2011. Mark your calendars! This is actually the first part of the sequel and the second part will be released later so we only get the first season of some of the series (Gundam 00, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass comes to mind). Other noteworthy series (to me) include:
An early Christmas present to myself if you will ^^;.
I am still a bit (very) slow on new projects nowadays but I’m still trying to manage at least one project a month… even if said project is just a head XD. I’ve been playing SRW W (on my third run ahah) to get myself hyped up more than I already am for the MG Red Frame… and it works! The Astray Gundams are probably some of the most powerful Gundams to be featured in a SRW (seems like someone at Banpresto must share our love for the Red Frame). Not to mention the most fun. Kira and co. can get lost.
UPDATE: tweaked some rules to make things a bit more clear. They’re in Red.
I am giving away this still-new in box R-Gun Powered from Kotobukiya’s SRW OG line-up. I bought this kit many moons ago but after building the Alteisen Riese, I don’t want this kit nor did I ever planned on building it in the first place. Bought it impulsively because it was so cheap ^^;. So now I’m throwing it up for grabs to whoever wants it. Shipping is also on me, and it doesn’t matter if you’re across the globe. Sounds good?
However, I do have a catch. To give everyone a fair chance (instead of the first person to say “ME!”), I’m turning this into a contest. A photography contest. It’s very simple- take a photo of your favorite/best Gundam model in the best pose you can put it in. Best one wins (decided by all later in a poll). Now isn’t that appropriate for this blog? xD. Well, Here’s how it goes:
1. You can submit up to two photos (because I know it’s hard to choose sometimes…) only once. I choose the best of the two. I prefer two shots of the same Gundam/model/figure/whatever.
2. I look at the pose (stunning? striking? awesome?), backdrop (no need to be fancy… just not in front of a toilet or something), lighting and camera angle. sharpness is a plus.
3. You have until I released my MG Impulse review to submit photos (this means roughly a week plus some change). You will know this beforehand because I will be posting WISPs (Work in Slow Progress). In the event I take longer than usual on Impulse and no one submit anything for 3-4 days then I can cut things short.
4. I’ll pick the best three then everyone gets to vote on the winner; you can vote for yourself.
5. submit photos to zyuan3618 [at] hotmail [dot] com with an obvious title.
6. I want to see how well this works out and might consider giving away other models in the future.
8. No Gundams? Figures or other mechs work too.
9. To counter spam voting and promote fair play, I will also be voting. My vote will be equivalent to OVER 9000!!! votes.*
10. I’ll ask an outside forum to vote as well. I’ll make sure it’s “far away enough” where it won’t be affiliated with anyone in the otakusphere.
After all is said and done, I’ll email the winner where he/she wants the model to be shipped and that’s it! ^^
Hahaha… if anyone is wondering, I got this idea from Danny after his contests ^^;.
Looking forward to some of your entries. Have fun!
Oi… sorry for the long wait! but it’s finally done! Here’s my review for Kotobukiya’s 1/144 Alteisen Riese. Okay…. guess I can finally go to sleep now xD… Oyasuminasai!
Update: DONE! Here’s the review!
In case anyone missed it, Old Iron Giant means Alteisen Riese ^^;. Alt-chan here looks promising enough. I’ll save all my comments for the review. All I have left are the waist and backpack/”wings”. Unfortunately I’ll also be gone for the whole day for the rest of the week so review probably won’t be up till the weekends or even next week ^^;.